Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's a boy!!

Three years, five months, and six days ago, I made a post about one of the great moments of my life and that of my wife, the birth of our daughter.

Well, today I get to do something like that again, and introduce you kind folks to our son, Samuel Edward. He was born yesterday, 05/12/2009, at 2:02 PM Central, weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz, and measuring 20 inches long.


Here's his first closeup, aged approximately 2 minutes.


Here's a moment Tiffany and I were a bit anxious about. For several months now, Brontë has thought that Sam was the name we had given to Tiff's belly. We weren't quite sure how successful we had been about convincing her that Sam was actually a little baby boy and that we were going to get him out of Mommy's tummy and bring him home with us. So, the actual meeting of the siblings could have been a bit tense, since Brontë is extremely active and was showing some signs of jealousy during the pregnancy.

Went off without a hitch, though, so life is good. :)


Twenty inches isn't all that long when you hold it up next to someone who's 75 inches or so in height, especially when the newer member of the photo is all curled up.

More later as things develop.

7 comments:

Tanner Bradley said...

Epic. I now have another cousin. This one happens to be 20 years and 10 days younger. Fantastic. I might remember this one's birthday. :)

lisa_sff said...

Congrats!! He's adorable!!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Patrick! You've got a great family going already. Congratulations, and thanks for letting me know :)

R.J. Anderson said...

Oh, congratulations, Patrick and Tiffany! He's just lovely.

Susanlee said...

Look at that wrinkled up little face! Oh my god, I always forget how adorable they are when they're all new. I, too wondered how the princess of the house was going to handle the little prince. Glad to hear things went/are going well. Love to the four of you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Patrick and Tiffany. He's adorable! And Sam's an awesome name... :)

Clifton Duncan said...

Pat, Tiffany! Wow. Sabrina & I are so happy for you all. Yes, Congratulations! Bronte looks adorable too!
-Clifton & Sabrina Duncan