Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Got an itch

I've been wanting to game for a while now. The problem is, getting my group together is problematic (at best). James moved out of town, Eric just got married, Shane's even farther out of town than James, and Tackett's schedule seems as busy as mine. Magen and Derek are about to be parents for the first time. I might be misremembering Tackett's lack of availability, but I know that mine has been a scheduling problem. Schedules are hard.

I've tried play-by-post (PBP), in a very enjoyable Star Trek game, but it doesn't quite scratch the same itch that getting together around a table and tossing dice does. I'm too old and picky to try to get a new group together. Not sure what to do about this conundrum, but I do know the frustration is starting to vex me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hum... maybe a virtual game? Everyone could video skype in... Not quite the same thing, but better than nothing?

Magen said...

We need to get a game or two together this Spring and Summer. I'll be off work from the end or March until the middle of August, and once the insanity of a new baby dies down a bit, my family would love the excuse to be grandma/grandpa/great-grandma and grandpa for the evening! I'll have a much more flexible schedule! Derek's will be more a problem, but maybe...

PEG said...

Lisa: I've considered that, but it's still tough to get everyone together around their confusers. Still an option, but it's not quite the solution. I don't know what is. This is the closest I've come, though.

Magen: That would be great. Not as easy as you imagine it (trust me, you'll see), but I'd enjoy it, and I think Tiff would as well.