Thursday, December 30, 2010

Plans for A New Year.

It's that time, you know, New Years Resolution time. In the past I haven't been real good at keeping my resolutions(if I even make any.) This year I have decided to make some and keep them! OH MY!
So here goes just off the top of my head(that was a warning ya'll)

#1. Make or buy 90% of my wardrobe out of patterns from the late 50's to early 60's or inspired from that that time period or "gold label"(not trashy) Barbie clothes.

#2. Learn to cook 7 meals well.(Southern, or vintage)

#3. Read The Psalms everyday, really spending time with them. Absorbing them.

#4. Find some volunteer work to do at least 2 times a month.

#5. Go to church every Sunday. (except for illness)

#6. Spend only two hours on the computer a day, after the kids have gone to bed.

#7. Follow a schedule everyday, Getting up at sunrise or earlier( It is possible that I have lost my mind!)

#8. Add more Quaintrelle to my life...Vintage Southern Belle style.

#9. Learn to Needle Tat. And make a peter pan collar for my vintage wardrobe.

#10. Make scrap books for the kids. Maybe I will have to do this with out pictures because I can't seem to get SOMEONE to print pictures for me.

#11. Make this house feel like a home not just a stopping place and actually practice hospitality. Gee, I hope all my friends and family know I like them even if I don't invite them to visit, I don't feed you BECAUSE I like you.(see #2)

1 comment:

MIL said...

Good for you, Tiff. Maybe you have inspired me. I have just about given up on resolutions as I am just terrible about getting past the first day or two. I will try to be practical. I will try to be faithful about keeping them. Thanks for the inspiration. If you don't mind, maybe I have some tried and true recipes...easy and all the good stuff like no more than a hand full (5) of ingredients. Maybe your friends and family would send some of the same if you ask. I have to warn you that most people like pasta and rice and such like. I love you and I want you to succeed. Sue